List 5 reasons why you are a dork. And make them good reasons. Justify them. Explain them. Be loud and proud about how big of a dork you are! Then pick the 5 biggest dorks you know and have them do the meme.
- I recently finished a project in the garage involving the gross disassembly and butchery of a common household toaster. I used Dremel cutting wheels to cut the metal. I de-soldered and re-soldered. I converted the electronics to run off a 9V battery. I cut, sanded, stained and poly'd a wooden casing for the new frankenstein apparatus. I documented my progress assiduously, and now I've written a magazine article to describe the process. I did all this so that the machine would make my tea for me. And it does.
- I read with great aplomb and usually have several books on the go. Not dorky enough, you say? Some of the more recent titles then: Freakonomics, A Theory of Fun, Sibley's Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America and The Secret Life of Lobsters.
- I just finished a 5 day course through work titled "Ethical Hacking and Advanced Penetration Testing." By day 3 I was co-teaching it.
- To my left when I sit in the office is the "Tech books" bookshelf -- 4 shelves of tech books and text books. That's not the geeky part. On top of that shelf are a basically random assortment of things that required a place to rest. They include, in no particular order: A Brother label maker, a Garmin eTrex Legend handheld GPS unit with data cable, an 8-bulb LED flashlight with the new Luxeon super-bright white LEDs, a pair of 2-way GMRS radios on their charger, a homemade cutaway-view Schlage lock cylinder (with mushroom pins!) and my set of homemade lockpicks and torsion wrenches. To my right is the clock, which has the numbers printed in the opposite order, and runs in reverse.
- I can't write a 5th one right now, because I have to go watch MythBusters
As promised, I hereby tag only: heathen, smallstar, serennig and kelayrel